Assign a shape to a frame as parent

• 9 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have a frame within a frame. Let’s say the outside frame is called frame A and the inside frame is called frame B. I want to put an object into frame B, but when I drag the object and try to place it, it automatically always assign it to the outside frame A. 

An incredibly stupid work around is to first drag frame B out of frame A, then drag the object into frame B, then drag frame B back into frame A.

Is there a better way to do this?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jason1979 

An incredibly stupid work around is to first drag frame B out of frame A, then drag the object into frame B, then drag frame B back into frame A.

Is there a better way to do this?

None that I can think of. Although, the only way around this that comes to mind would be to group the object to Frame B. However, when you do this, the object sill moves along with Frame A when Frame A is dragged. In this GIF, I add a sicky to Frame 2 (your Frame B) and then group the two, but when I move Frame A, the sticky not moves with it:

I suppose this is all tied to the fact that frames won’t bind to frames. It’s all kind of a mess. I just stopped using frames in frame altogether. The only way around all of this – including frames not attaching to frames would be to group all of the objects together, i.e., select frame A and everything inside of it and group it.

Badge +1

Thanks for the respond. 

That doesn’t work for me because I need the object to be assigned to the frame because the API needs to know that the object “test” is part of frame 1 and not frame 2