Skip to main content

Hi,

I am new to Miro. I have one object shown below shared by one of my colleagues. It seems not a standard object from Miro.

May I know what object it is? Sounds like a table as I can add rows but not able to add columns where you can see there is only plus sign under the shape.

The reason I am asking this as I want to explore some features for this object. e.g. I want to copy the rows from a spreadsheet by batch but not able to. I can only add them row by row which is very time consuming.

If you are familiar with this object and know how to do. Appreciate you can share.

Thanks in advance.

Frank

If I add a new one, the default object shown like this.

hi @Liu Jiangnan 

This is an Entity Relationship Diagram template (ERD). It is very useful for diagramming but it does not behave like a table. You can read more about it here and find a blank template to test out. https://miro.com/templates/entity-relationship-diagram/

This is a helpful article about ERDs in Miro: https://miro.com/diagramming/what-is-an-er-diagram/

I hope you find it helpful!

@ElvaMiro

Thanks. This is what I am looking for.

Btw, do you know if there is any way to batch input (such as copy and paste from Spreadsheet) those fields instead of add in one by one.

Thanks again for the quick response.

Frank

hi @Liu Jiangnan 

As far I can tell, Miro doesn’t natively support CSV-to-ERD import. 

You can use Miro's Table app to create a table with your CSV data first, then manually map the data into the ERD shapes, but I don’t think that answers your questions about batch input. I wasn’t able to do it, but perhaps others know a workaround.

@ElvaMiro 

Do you have an example or any online links shared how to do CSV to Table then map to ERD?

This approach if can be done will also help me a lot as most of my key tables the number of fields/columns are around 100+.

It is really time consuming if I have to input one by one.

Appreciate if you could share me more information or tips. 

Thanks

Frank

hi @Liu Jiangnan 

I have been looking around and I can’t find a way to go from Table to ERD that isn’t manual. 

The first step is selecting your data and pasting as a table into the board. (See here.) But then taking that table and transforming it into an ERD -- that step appears to be manual for now, which likely does not help you.

It may make more sense to build the diagram elsewhere and then import into ERD format in Miro. (See this thread here.)

You can also try using Miro Assist to generate ERDs from the data. 

@ElvaMiro 

Really thanks for your following up with the time and efforts spent though there is no perfect solution yet.

If later I have any work around found, will share here.

Thanks again for the information.

Frank