Agile Sprint Planning for Community/Social Media

• 1 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi everyone!

Happy Wednesday :) 

I've been tasked to create/help manage our social media strategy/planning for our events and for our social media ambassadors/miro champions. I know a bit about social media marketing/strategy but am a novice when it comes to agile sprint planning. Does anyone have any resources and/or tips and tricks on doing agile sprint planning for community?  

From what I’ve seen online, most discussion and templates have seem especially oriented towards design and/or otherwise seem a bit more complicated than what’s necessary for us - as we’re a small team. I would love to connect and discuss ideas!

Best,
Natalie 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Natalie Larino -

I’d be happy to chat about this - a sprint-based cadence can be used for different types of work if the work items lend themselves to be completed within the sprint and there is a desire to potentially release what has been completed within each sprint. Otherwise, a flow-based approach could also be considered.

Kiron

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hm, interesting. I’d say the former is what we’d aim for, we sort of have to work in batches just with the nature of our work, for example, for events - we need to have it posted, we need event info/speaker bio etc, before we can give it to the social team. At the same time they have to work with outside stakeholders to have the event marketed on various platforms (blog, newsletter) while the community team, user leaders, and speakers should be posting about their event within their own networks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Natalie Larino -

This can be done using sprints, but it sounds like there are lots of inter-dependencies between the activities culminating in an event so a traditional scheduling approach would also work. Let me know if you want to chat about this…

Kiron