Introducing the new "hide and reveal" setting for frames

• 16 September 2020
  • 31 replies

Show first post

31 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

This is a great feature, and I’m enjoying it already!  

I discovered that when a frame is hidden, I can’t unhide it on the Android App. (Lock/unlock works in Android, so I hope hide/unhide becomes available soon too.(

It’s a great feature indeed, thank you !

Although I’d love to have the ability to hide it completely, not even showing the grey board with the eye shut, when I share a board.

Is it possible ?

Userlevel 2

Hiding frames from a presentation and collaborators is very useful indeed. But in some of the topics there was also another wish. It would be great to hide de border of the frame (or set it to transparant). Because if you compose complex presentations with zoom in and out, the borders and titles disturb.

Userlevel 3

I suspect that Miro is hitting some limits of their data model around user types and rights.

I would guess that enabling all team members to hide and unhide frames would be a more common use case, but the Miro team may know use cases where that is not desired.

Userlevel 4

teething troubles I guess -

Peter thnx for warning the rest of us of how things interplay - Its a feature we need :)

Userlevel 3

I was so excited to see this feature. Then I encountered a bug that has me with a permanently hidden, “un-reveal-able”, un-editable, un-deletable frame. Here’s what happened:

1. I am using the Teams plan
  2. A team member (admin) created a board that I will use in a three-day class and populated it with some templates. So, she is the board owner.
  3. After day 1, I discovered this feature, realized it would be of great use in an activity that we’d be using on day 2, and went to edit the template we use to load that activity into a board.
  4. I am the “board owner” for a template, so I could hide frames there, and did.
  5. Back in the class board, owned by my admin, I added the template with the hidden frames. Since those frames are now in someone else’s board, I can’t do anything with them. Can’t unhide, can’t delete. So I asked my admin, as the board owner, to unhide them.
  6. SHE can’t unhide them either, I suspect because they were hidden in a different board and then imported. 

I request that hiding/unhiding frames is permitted for all team members, not just board owners. (I also request that for editing shared templates).