Migrating shared templates to new team space?

• 16 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4

As a user if I am moving from one team space to another, what’s the easiest way to transfer my Shared Templates into the new team space? Assuming that personal templates follow a user regardless of what team they belong to.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Kevin Kinisky -

Templates are tied to a specific team from what I’ve seen which is the reason why we moved away from using templates to using backups of template boards given that we set up individual teams per course or client session. 

As such, your best bet would be to either copy & paste content from the template in one team to a new template in another or use the template to create a board, download a backup of the board, restore the backup to the new team and then create a template from that board. 

@Robert Johnson - any quicker approaches that I’m missing?

Kiron

Userlevel 4

Thank Kiron. That’s the alternative that I can share out here is to do a backup and restore. It seems like Shared are linked to that team space so a migration causes that challenge when someone moves from one team to another.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert Johnson - any quicker approaches that I’m missing?

I can't think of anything. For the reasons you have outlined, I use regular boards for templates vs Custom Templates as regular boards provide more flexibility.

Badge

I solved it by open up the template in one team. Name it, when in the board list choose the option (three dots) “move to team”

In the new team I opened it and created a template.

Not so effective but it worked.

//Stefan