Epic Jira Ref displayed, not Epic Name

• 25 November 2021
  • 3 replies

When I select Epic Link in the card configuration, it’s pulling through the Jira reference rather than the Epic Name. Epic Name cannot be used as that is a field used in Epics, not other Jira types.

What I want it to display is as it does in Jira, if you look at the Epic Link on a Jira it displays the name of the Epic not the Jira reference (which unless you really know your Epics will mean nothing to you!). It looks like it’s using the JQL version of the Epic logic - i.e. “ AND Epic = “Title of my Epic” gets changed in a JQL to “AND Epic = AAA-1234” (or whatever your Jira reference is). What I’m seeing on Miro is AAA-1234 (for example) which is useless to me.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this how it’s configured?

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Nick!

Thanks for this interesting question! I just reproduced what you’re describing and got the same results. I have contacted some of our more Jira-savvy colleagues - once I learn more about whether this is a feature or not I will get back to you!

If you have any other questions in the meantime - you know where to find us! :mag_right::smiley:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Nick, I’m back with an answer! :)

So, the behaviour is expected - for now. There’s a number of improvements in our backlog for our Jira cards integration all waiting to be implemented. 

Though there are several Jira-related feature requests, I didn’t find your suggestion in our  Wish List yet, so why not submit it there to give your idea more exposure and visibility?

By adding your idea, you’ll help us collect all the feedback in one place and create a live community of passionate contributors that drives change together!

From here you’ll be able to:

• Submit your ideas :bulb:
  • Discuss possible workarounds with other Miro users:hammer:
  • Upvote the features you’d like to see in Miro (Each month, ideas with 100+ upvotes are reviewed by the Product team) :100:
  • Subscribe to email updates when a new topic is added to stay in the loop:pen_ballpoint:

Here is a handy guide to get you started on how to navigate the Wish List: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

Thank you for making Miro better! :gem:

Thanks @Eva27 for letting me know :relaxed:

I’ll have a look at the Wish List now!

Nick