The Product Vision Cue

• 27 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello Miro lovers! :innocent: 

Some time ago, I created the Product Vision Cue template. It’s mainly for Product/Project Managers and Product Owners, but can be used by anyone who wants to coherently outline the vision of a specific product or initiative. The purpose of the canvas is to detail the specifics of any given product (or subset of product) on a general level and establish a data-driven approach to the development of said product.

We have used it in my development team for about a year and it has been helpful for us in our quest to create magic together. :blush:

I also wrote a story about it on Medium:

https://medium.com/design-bootcamp/introducing-the-product-vision-cue-39c57cce6906

Are you using a canvas or other kind of template when outlining the vision of a specific product/service or initiative in your team?

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

This template is great! Saving for later!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thank you @Michelle Murphy, glad you find it useful! :pray:

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Love this, so helpful! I can’t wait to see more of your templates in Miroverse, @Henrik Ståhl:clap_tone2:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Henrik Ståhl -

I’m a fan of Roman Pichler’s Product Canvas as it covers off the key bits of info needed at the start of a product roadmap or release to get key stakeholder aligned.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thank you @Anna Savina! :pray:  Maybe you’ll like this one as well: The Personality Retrospective. It’s 1 of currently 2 templates I’ve got published in Miroverse. And the 3rd is pending! Under review as we speak. :blush:  It’s called the Liked-Lacked-Change Retrospective and I’ve published a sharing URL in this thread:

https://community.miro.com/lean-agile-evangelists-106/retrospectives-in-miro-7531

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Kiron Bondale I like it too – at least a customized and more visually appealing version of it (I’m a bit vain when it comes to that :sweat_smile: ). There are a few things I don’t like about it though:

1. “Requirements”
  2. A bit too feature-centric for my taste (I prefer user-centric)
  3. Sprint-focused
  4. “Detailed design sketches” even for small features