Resize images to be the same height or width

Hi,

We use images from various sources most of the time. It quickly gets very tedious to have to rescale every single image to be roughly the same size and I do this every day. 

Can we get a tool or help that can resize an image to become the same dimensions as a previous image or at least that all the selected images get the same height or width?

FROM THIS
TO SOMETHING MORE LIKE THIS

Please Miro help me, your my only hope!

Cheers,

Lars

Better image editing features in general would indeed be a great benefit for Miro! 🌟

One possible solution could be to create a frame and then add an image to that frame (“attaching” the image to the frame so to speak). The image would then be contained within the frame and its aspect ratio.

Maybe a potential plugin? @Markus Smet @Max Harper 😉😁

@Henrik Ståhl @Lars Vincent 
Turns out...I’ve already made this one. Find info about it here
I’ll send you the install link via DM. 

Just used it again yesterday, @Max Harper

Turns out  @Lars Vincent had already contacted me… and perhaps has encountered friction getting enterprise admin authorization of our 3rd Party app. I wrote to him in DM but thought, I might also leave it here for any others who have info-secure IT admins with concerns about our apps. 

____ 
Image Resizer: security policy information

Here's some key points and resources other info-security IT admins have reviewed to authorize our apps in the Enterprise environment:

Context:
I founded Refractive  to help visionary people and teams better visually think together and tackle harder systemic problems. We seek to hasten a visual-thinking revolution by empowering as many visual thinkers as we can.  We create these apps, and the ones currently on the Miro App Marketplace, to build goodwill in the community and build our brand as helpful extenders of the Miro magic.  We make money for our daily bread from large enterprise custom Miro app projects, partnership on an enterprise architecture toolkit that integrates Miro+Airtable, and this year we'll release freemium apps on the Miro marketplace.

Security of Image Resizer:
1) This app fully complies with Miro's App Developer Security Guidelines

2) Here's more detail from Refractive as to this app's security and privacy policy.
*Note on that page the name ‘resizer’ = ‘image resizer’ -- referring to this app.

Key points:

• Your data security is of utmost importance to us. AND....
  • The app and our company collect zero data from the user or the app or its usage. Zero.
  • The app is a static page, it operates entirely front end as a plugin in Miro (html,css,js), and contacts no servers other than the Miro API to .
  • All of that communication is handled with TLS 1.3 and secure https protocols.
  • The only data we garner is from our CDN, that our static site was requested
  • Miro also provides us with anonymous unique usage information: that the app was used X # times by Y# of unique users last month.
  • We don't collect user information through the app for any purposes.

__
Test the app in a sandbox team:
Some admins have reviewed the policy and then tested in a sandbox Miro ‘team’ / ‘workspace’,  reviewing network traffic and other details in browser dev tools to validate the policy guidelines we claim.

Conclusion:
We recommend suggesting to admins: 1) share the resources linked above 2) for further assurance test the app in a sandbox team. (useful for admins to have for many purposes)

Hi all,

Yes I did write to you before @Max Harper but it can be fairly sensitive when it comes to using plugins and software that is not “official”. That's why I am poking this issue again. I feel that your tool would have worked for my use case at least. So it is a shame it’s not straight forward for me to use it :) 

And I really agree with @Henrik Ståhl here that general image handling improvements would make life easier and Miro better. It’s currently hard to export, organize and use Miro when working with lots of images. Still a useful tool in my everyday work and makes sharing information with teammates much simpler though.

Thanks again for the answers but I would love to see a more official integration of this and other features to export, handle, organize and use images inside with Miro.

Wow, you rule @Max Harper! 💃🌟 Will definitely try out the Image Resizer asap.

@Lars Vincent I created this Wish List idea recently, give it an upvote and spread the word! 😉😇

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/image-editing-reimagined-7591

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.