Ask an Indeed Career Coach Anything

• 17 August 2023
  • 32 replies
Ask an Indeed Career Coach Anything

Show first post

32 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello! 

I am looking to make a career change into the tech world coming from a background in production and  advertising. I’ve been trying to teach myself some of programs that would be a good starter point while maintaining the work of my current position. May you please give some tips on how to maintain your current role while balancing the education and skills you may need to get into a new field. 

I would like to make a career pivot without returning to school. I’m currently a supervisor in the mental health field and would like to transition into HR. I know my skills are transferable, but I need guidance on changing my resume. Can you please help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Curious about the length of resumes! As you grow in your career, is it recommended to go beyond 1 page to 2?

I’m curious to know too! I feel like the age old rule  earlier in my career was a resume should only be 1 page but there is only so much one page can hold as your grow and gain experience! 

Userlevel 3

Some of my job-seeking friends have noticed that they sometimes receive an almost immediate rejection notice after submitting an application. Are there automated tools that hiring managers are using now to filter out candidates (maybe based on certain words or content in their application) before they make their way to an actual human to review? Any advice for these job-seekers? 

Userlevel 4

Curious about the length of resumes! As you grow in your career, is it recommended to go beyond 1 page to 2?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thats a great news for all Job seekers. 

Agreed or anyone looking to make a career pivot! So excited to see all your questions and hear from Jamie! 

Userlevel 1

Thats a great news for all Job seekers.