Show us your WFH workspace

• 19 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4

I have been working from home for almost 3 years now and it has been a struggle to find that lucrative work-life balance. Previously, I was in a 1 bedroom apartment and I had to work at my dining room table or a tiny space in my living room and it was hard to get away from work at the end of the day and I experienced intense burnout.

Recently I moved into my first home (YAY!) and it was a MUST that I have my own office space and now I feel so much better. I know not everyone has this luxury but you’ve made it work. So, I’m asking that you share your WFH space. What makes it great? What do you wish you had? Any tips to make a non traditional work area well...workable? 

Here’s mine. I’m obsessed with Funko pops and they keep a smile on my face. My “co-workers” also keep me sane when I’m alone in this room most of the day. Looking to get some artwork soon! 

Some of my co-workers 

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @Brittni ,

I feel ya. I’m still in a 1 bedroom apartment and... am working from my dining room table in my tiny living room. 😂But so far it works. Here’s a photo of my makeshift set up! 

I have a traveling setup when I’m out and about (not so much anymore). This is a picture of my home office work in progress project.

I got my Fuji camera hooked up to an external recorder (weird hack to make the HDMI signal work) and to a Blackmagic UltraStudio mini video encoder. Audio is going to a Zoom F4 recorder.

When I’m on a Zoom call, I get crispy video and deep audio. On the last call, someone said I sounded like I was at a recording studio.

Userlevel 4

That’s a pretty cool set up @Daniel Hoang ! Thanks for sharing :-) I love that recording studio feel. 

What does your traveling set up consist of? I’ll sometimes do some traveling for work - well I used to - and it’s sooooo difficult just being comfortable in a hotel working. It feels stale and I’m unproductive. 

Userlevel 4

My WFH set-up includes: my beautiful boy, toys, toys, more toys, trains, tents, and more toys. Anything to keep the little one distracted from my computer :laughing:

Userlevel 4

Omg @Kyle.C I love him so much! Those cheeks!!!!!!