Update the date on a card to null or to clear it via REST API

• 1 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

I am trying to update card data on a board via this REST API. The “title”, “description” etc are updating successfully. But there’s an issue with updating the “date” to null/empty if there’s no date coming from the back-end. I have tried sending the null/undefined/empty date like this:

{"data":{"title": "updated title", "dueDate" :null, "description" :"updated description"}

Because I want to clear/remove the date on the card when I call the card item update API endpoint. But so far the existing date on the card still remains as it is. 

Please do help on how the date on the card can be updated to null or cleared/removed.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @Harshita Vishwakarma,

Our sincere apologies for the delay in seeing your post—Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and you raise a great point.

Currently, it’s not possible to clear the dueDate field via API, but I definitely agree this should be possible and understand the limitation it presents for an integration with card items.

I’ve gone ahead and raised this with our REST product team, and we will explore how we can help to address this. I will be happy to follow up on this as soon as I hear back on this.

Thanks, and we’ll be in touch!
Will

Badge

Hi @Will Bishop 

Thank you for your response and raising this issue with the team. I would really appreciate it if this feature could be a possibility at the earliest. I would be happy to receive any follow-up on this.

Thanks,

Harshita