Skip to main content

Hello Team,

One of our clients is interested in integrating Miro’s drawing features into Polarion Live Docs. Currently, we have the Draw.IO feature available out-of-the-box in Polarion, but the client prefers Miro. Their requirements are as follows:

1. Engineers will create drawings and templates in Miro.
  2. They want to export or move these drawings from Miro to Polarion Live Docs.
  3. Double-clicking the drawing image in Polarion Live Docs should redirect to the Miro application.

As the Polarion Solution Architect, I am conducting a feasibility study and need access to Miro’s APIs. Based on my research, REST APIs seem suitable for this integration. I have a few questions:

1. Can we access REST APIs on the trial version?
  2. Is it possible to access drawings from Miro through REST APIs for use in third-party applications?
  3. What are the costs for the premium version on a monthly and yearly basis?

Thank you for your assistance. Your prompt response is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Md Tauseef Ahmed

Hi @Md Tauseef Ahmed welcome to the Miro community!

• Access to REST APIs on the trial version:

• Yes, you can access Miro's REST APIs during the trial period. This allows you to explore and test the integration capabilities before committing to a paid plan.
  • Accessing drawings from Miro through REST APIs for use in third-party applications:

• Yes, it is possible to access drawings from Miro through REST APIs for use in third-party applications. The REST API allows you to sync data between different applications, configure boards, and manage users' access. You can use the get items endpoint to view different items (including shapes, connectors, images, etc). It will be up to you how you want to bring those shapes into the 3rd party app. 
  • Costs for the premium version on a monthly and yearly basis:

Hello @Horea Porutiu,

Could you please provide documentation, videos or links to access REST Api’s. I want to access the Api’s in Java to get drawing in java..

Your prompt response is highly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Md Tauseef Ahmed

Hi @Md Tauseef Ahmed 

You should be able to try the majority of APIs our within our docs. For example, go to the get boards API page.

1. click on get access token, and install this “docs app” to a developer team (team where you can safely test the APIs)
2. click on try it (you should then get a response from the API)
3. If you want to see the API code in Java (click on three vertical buttons under “language”.
4. If you want a sample response without having to generate an access token, you can click on “200” with green circle next to it - to see a sample response with dummy data. 

To learn a bit more I recommend you see our “try Miro’s REST API video”. It will give you what you need to know in less than 4 minutes. 

Hope it helps!