Answered

Mindmap meets spreadsheet

• 6 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi Everyone,

I really enjoy using Miro, although there is one thing that I do often and rather than using various apps would love to do within Miro.

everything starts with a mindmap for me, but early on in the process I need to run basic simulations and would love the ability to use a cell within a shape as spreadsheet cell ( ie be able to enter basic formulas to then see the impact on the whole project of funnel )

For a simple example 

top node has a title and a cell which is a variable ( eg invoice amount in )

a few child nodes have each a title and a cell which i assign a formula ( show 15% of top node here )

finally child node with resulting profit

etc

is this doable ?

icon

Best answer by Max Harper 14 July 2020, 00:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Chris Marques -

Definitely nothing out of the box - you can export a mind map to a CSV but it is just a flat list of the nodes. Something like this would likely involve custom development.

You could consider adding it as a wish list idea following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Chris Marques 

I know what you’re describing … this is a very attractive vision of what Miro could do. Hopefully at some point…    Its not a feature set now - BUT-  one could absolutely build this with Miro SDK. Happy to describe more if you’re interested in learning what that would look like. Feel free to DM me. 

Max

Userlevel 1

@Chris MarquesI am working on a Miro plugin that may be able to do this - check out my demo video