Question

Integrate user access to display personal miro boards on our website

• 16 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi! I'm hoping some knowledgeable community member can help. I have a website where users create spaces and I want to allow users to display a specific miro board in the space. They may have multiple spaces and can one 1 board to each space. 

So, we need a way for a user to click a button, login to their miro account, select a board and then save the iframe details to their space in my site. 

Any thoughts on what api etc exists? 

Thanks in advance

Cameron

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Cameron Cross - I don’t see why you couldn’t use the Miro REST API to connect, show a user’s boards, get the board ID, and then create your embed code for your external site.

Here is an example of embed bode generated by Miro - I masked the board ID. The only tricky part may be in choosing which coordinates (moveToViewPort) to use. I suppose you could read all of the content on the board, get the our limits, and use those.

<iframe width="768" height="432" src="https://miro.com/app/live-embed/uXjVXXXXXX=/?moveToViewport=-1668,-957,1878,908" frameBorder="0" scrolling="no" allowFullScreen></iframe>

FYI: Moving this post to the Developer platform and APIs forum. Let me know if you really don’t want it there and I will move it back.