How to get/upload image-data for a widget through the REST-API (url is null)

• 12 November 2020
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi,

We have created a nice integration through your nice api. Widget stickers, frames etc do work fine. But accessing the data of Widgettype “Image” does not provide sufficient information.

your documentation says this type would be readonly. But in the API result there is no specific data to get the image:

"id" : "xxxx",
    "title" : "",
    "url" : null,
    "x" : 9085.834285822924,
    "y" : -4194.224152236103,
    "width" : null,
    "scale" : 1.6019392388194886,
    "rotation" : 0.0,
    "type" : "image",
    "createdAt" : "2020-11-12T15:25:13Z",
    "modifiedAt" : "2020-11-12T16:14:18Z",
    "modifiedBy" : {

The GetPicture API (https://developers.miro.com/reference#get-picture) seems only applicable for main boardpictures and not images an a frame (as far I can see)

So how can we retreive the images on a board? (and we would also upload new ones...)
Thnx

16 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello @Richard121212, thank you for your question.
This is indeed a bug on our side, relevant team has been notified and hopefully they work on the fix already.
In regards to writing capabilities:
We don’t support writes for certain types of widgets, unfortunately Images are one of them.

Hello, I also want to update image files through REST API. Any updates about this issue ?

Userlevel 1

Can you please give an update about this issue

Again: any updates?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi,

Quick update on this issue. The team is working on it, it is taking longer that what we thought. I will update the thread when it is fixed or the team finds a workaround.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Badge

Hi,

Quick update on this issue. The team is working on it, it is taking longer that what we thought. I will update the thread when it is fixed or the team finds a workaround.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Any idea when the enhancement will be released?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I don’t have a date yet from the team, I will inform you when we have an estimated date. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Jess Brock, @Ormskerk, @Ryoko Ueoka, @Richard121212 

We have been working on a new REST API design for Image widget and are looking for developers to review it and provide feedback. Please reach out by private message if you are interested.

I don’t have a date yet from the team, I will inform you when we have an estimated date. 

Is this being actively worked on?

Badge

Bump

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi, 

As part of the new set of REST API and SDK v2 we have updated the way to interact with images. Please take a look and let us know if it works for your use case. Note that the API is stil in beta, you might encounter some issues and we might make some changes on the API design. 

Can we retrieve an image of a Frame using the new API?

Badge +1

@Anthony Roux I still don’t see any data for the image URL when using the the new beta REST API. Below is the response from the GET Image endpoint.

{
"id": "3458764520727323129",
"type": "image",
"createdAt": "2022-03-10T18:21:10Z",
"createdBy": {
"id": "3458764520206332328",
"type": "user"
},
"data": {
"title": ""
},
"geometry": {},
"modifiedAt": "2022-03-10T18:21:10Z",
"modifiedBy": {
"id": "3458764520206332328",
"type": "user"
},
"parentId": "3458764520727323574",
"position": {
"x": 950.5771805650352,
"y": 1237.0099406636841,
"origin": "center"
},
"style": {}
}

Is this something that will be supported soon?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Emile Paffard-Wray, you are right this not yet available. This is part of our backlog but we don’t have a date of when this will be ready.

Hi @Emile Paffard-Wray, you are right this not yet available. This is part of our backlog but we don’t have a date of when this will be ready.

Hi Anthony, this is a critical feature for our team as we are developing a quite comprehensive integration of Miro for our VR application. More information regarding the feature is appreciated. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Andreas Ore Larssen 

As part of our Miro Developer Platform v2 Beta, we’ve created a public Roadmap of known issues and feature requests. This is one we are actively working on. If you’d like to add your vote to the roadmap issue, it will subscribe you to any updates in the future.