How can pass user login credentials to web SDK authentication without actually passing in the pop up

• 18 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

I am building an application which will actually connect to Miro web SDK, give username and password, sign in, pick a board to view, embed that board in my app using Board Picker. My app will allow multiple users to access it and if a user logs in to the Miro through sdk once next time onwards the login is not needed. 

How can I achieve below requirement?

My requirement :(Consider my app has the clientId, clientSecret, user Miro email id, User password <if needed>)

User “raj” logs into my app using the email id with which he has his miro account. After login raj clicks on a button BoardPicker. It should show the boards related to raj directly without him explicitly doing the login. My app should do that login and show the boards directly to him to select and embed. 

Please tell me how I can achieve this. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Moderator note: Post moved to the Developer platform and APIs category.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Lakshman Kumar Kalasamudram,

The Miro Developer Platform doesn’t allow a user email, user password authentication. As of today, you cannot build your own authentication page, this has to go through the official miro.com sign up/sign in process.

Regarding the app authorization process:

• If you plan to use the REST API, the authorization process is fully explained here.
  • If you plan to use the Miro Web SDK, I would recommend to take a look at the Web SDK introduction