Answered

Can we add custom Items in Plugins like cards or specifically rendered items?

• 15 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi!

I would like to be able to add items, that have a certain functionality and would need a special rendering, like having dice represented on the board or playingcards, that can be flipped, or an avatar with a hands up indicator.

Is there a way to do that? The normal API options do not allow for something like this.

Thanks

Falk

icon

Best answer by Boris Borodyansky 15 April 2020, 20:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Falk, right now we do not support custom renders.

We might support SVG widgets in near future, can’t say any ETA for it. 

I have seen cases where an image was playing role of custom render, and clicks over the image were treated as actions - maybe that’s something that could help you as well. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Wonder, what is it you’re working on anyway =)

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I would like to use Miro as working tool for workshop gamification. And i can do a lot of things already, but would like to have more convenience in this for the participants.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Falk Kühnel -

I’ve already asked @Boris Borodyansky about creating a simple random number generator widget which could be used to simulate a dice roll. Right now I am doing this using an external iFrame.

The card behavior would be similar to what is available in the Planning Poker app where you can drag a card over to a board and flip it to reveal the value. Unfortunately that app doesn’t seem to be showing up in the marketplace anymore otherwise you could have contacted the developer of that…

Kiron