API access on Non-Developer-Account with "Consultant" Plan

• 29 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi!

I want to enable API access to my boards.

My plan ist “Consultant”.

I have another account as “Developer”. There I can create ClientID/ClientSecret.

But how does this work with a “real” miro board?

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m not sure I understand your question fully. But I’ll try to share some context:

Developer teams are used to develop and test an app that uses the Miro Platform. Once an app is complete, it will need to be published to the marketplace. It may also be privately distributed by having a domain admin install the app for the (non-developer) Miro Team.

For a published or distributed app, API access is enabled for all account plans.

Let me know if you still have questions!

Joanna

Hi !

We have the same issue as ikarst. 

We have created a dev team. We are able to use rest API and manipulate board.

How can we use the rest API on other team than dev team ? 

And i dont understand what you mean by “distributed by having a domain admin install the app for the (non-developer) Miro Team”

Thank you in advance

Thomas

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey @THOMAS JANSSEN,

Thanks for reaching out, and happy to help clarify.

To that end, to work with our APIs you will need to utilize your developer team for this initially. It’s not possible to test the Miro APIs with a non dev team until you have the app reviewed/approved for use on our Marketplace or, you can privately share the app’s Share URL with an Admin on a non-developer team. They can then authorize the app using the Share URL, giving you an access_token to use the REST API on their behalf. To do this, you can share the URL found under the App Settings, at the bottom of the page, under Share URL.

Let me know if this helps!
Will