Answered

Add image to the board with api call (or the SDK)

• 8 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I am developing a chatbot application to guide users through the process of data analysis.

In this context, beside of the chatbot, I need a visualization tool that allows user to follow the different steps of data preprocessing and data analysis.

My Idea was to use Miro for this visualization tool. Indeed, I could iteratively fill in the board with the information produced by the chatbot at each interaction. For example, when a user uploads a new dataset to the chatbot, I could add a shape containing some summary statistic about that dataset. Or, when a user asks what are the attributes of the dataset, I could add a shape containing the list of the attributes.

I very much like that idea because it would provide a customizable visualization tool, where user can rearrange the widgets produced by the chatbot.

The simplest way to achieve that is to use the Miro API. This way, I can send a call to generate a widget each time an operation is performed. However, I would like to have images among the information that I add to the Miro board. My problem is that image widgets are read-only in the Miro Api.

Is there a specific reason why write operation for image is not allowed in the API ?

I could maybe use the SDK for the purpose of filling the board but since web-plugins are static, I cannot think of any ways to have my plugin listening to external calls (I am not a Javascript expert). Can you think of any ways to solve this problem ?

Thanks you very much,

Siméon

icon

Best answer by Anthony Roux 9 July 2021, 09:38

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Post moved to the Developer Platform and APIs section.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @simeon.michel,

Thanks for sharing your use-case with us. We understand that being able to create images with the REST API is an important feature for our platform users. The API team is working on bringing this new functionality. I don’t have a date yet but it is a highly requested feature that is a priority for the team.

Hi @simeon.michel,

Thanks for sharing your use-case with us. We understand that being able to create images with the REST API is an important feature for our platform users. The API team is working on bringing this new functionality. I don’t have a date yet but it is a highly requested feature that is a priority for the team.

Hi, as another developer that would really love the ability to add images via the rest api, any chance we could get a ball park estimate on when it would be released? This week? This month? This quarter?

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @mokes,

We have been working on a new REST API design for Image widget and are looking for developers to review it and provide feedback. Please reach out by private message if you are interested.

Hi @Anthony Roux ,

I am a developer utilizing MIRO API, can you let us review the image widget you’re working on?

Kind Regards,

Hi @Anthony Roux, my team is interested in the image widget that you are working on.  Can you let us review this image widget?  Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Anthony Roux, my team is interested in the image widget that you are working on.  Can you let us review this image widget?  Thank you.

We have been working on a new REST API design for Image widget and are looking for developers to review it and provide feedback. Please reach out by private message if you are interested.

@Quang Nguyen 

Please reach out to Anthony by private message:

https://community.miro.com/members/anthony-roux-15232