Answered

Where do I add unlimited teams in the Consultant Plan?

• 30 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  • Experienced Community Member
  • 78 replies

I am testing the Consultant plan (monthly). It says that I am paying for 1 seat. With the Consultant plan, I have unlimited teams. I added another team. No problem. I just tried to add a third team and it sent me to this (image below):

These are my teams on the left side of the screen. I just assumed I could add another team via the plus (+) sign. Nope. 

1. What am I doing wrong?
  2. Why is this difficult? 

It says I have two members. I am a solo worker and I want to have unlimited teams. There is no other member. 

Edit: I just deleted the 2nd team so I can hopefully start fresh. 

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 30 November 2020, 19:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jtk -

That + side on the left toolbar showing the teams currently in your account is misleading. The right place to add teams in Miro is found by clicking on the company settings (the gear) icon in the top left of the Miro dashboard, then Company in the left menu, and then selecting “Create new team”. This is also covered in the following Help Center article: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017571674-Create-a-New-Team

Kiron

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thanks. Odd UI.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Miro did make an attempt to help users by displaying this message after you click on the Add teams and enter a team name icon:

I suggested this but they yet to implement it:

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I would think there would be a distinction if you have a Consultant plan; possible a prompt that asks if you want to create a Team account or add a team to your Consultant account. Team should mean one thing, not two, to prevent confusion. But I am still new so maybe I am missing something.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Miro did make an attempt to help users by displaying this message after you click on the Add teams and enter a team name icon:

I suggested this but they yet to implement it:

Lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I would think there would be a distinction if you have a Consultant plan; possible a prompt that asks if you want to create a Team account or add a team to your Consultant account. Team should mean one thing, not two, to prevent confusion. But I am still new so maybe I am missing something.

Miro has some work to do in order to be more consistent in their naming. E.g., they also refer to Teams as Accounts (from dashboard, using a board’s ellipsis menu and then “Move to account”) and Spaces (when duplicating a template to a team).

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Miro has some work to do in order to be more consistent in their naming. E.g., they also refer to Teams as Accounts (from dashboard, using a board’s ellipsis menu and then “Move to account”) and Spaces (when duplicating a template to a team).

Good to know.