Where did Invite Visitors go? (Some Board sharing options disappeared)

• 9 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3

Well this was less than ideal. Kicked off my first training session with 20 participants and clicked on Share board to find I can no longer allow visitors. :frowning2:

This cost me about 20 min trying to figure out what the heck was going on and the only option I had was to invite everyone as guests. :rage:

Not great at all - the whole reason we use visitors is so that participants do not have to put in their email addresses and our account doesn’t get spammed with hundreds of useless accounts. 

Is this a bug? Is this some new functionality that was rolled out? Have you guys ever considered feature toggles that I as an end user can control? As in… let me decide when I want the entire interface to change… let me decide if I want to try out the right click to move… let me decide when I want to turn on feature X that is super disruptive if we find out about it on the day it’s turned on? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@andyvdg - Anytime I have see UI elements like this missing was due to a browser extension blocking them (I believe it was due to an ad blocker, but it could be any extension I suppose).

It could also be due to a Miro bug.

Given my suspicion of a browser extension, have you tried the Miro desktop app?

Userlevel 3

@Robert Johnson Well that was an easy fix. 

I’ve been using Miro for ages now and never had that problem with this exact same setup. 

Even tried in an incognito window but was too stressed to think about the app in the moment. With all the recent changes that just seem to have happened it didn’t surprise me that again something had changed. Also weird that it shows the sharing dialog but just the elements are missing. Turned my ad-blocker off and everything is back. 

Also solved my problem, thanks a lot @Robert Johnson 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Curious: Are you both using the AdBlock extension?