Answered

Web page captures updating automatically?

• 14 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Anyone know if web page captures are meant to update themselves automatically when the target webpage is updated? The fact that there’s an ‘Update’ button in the contextual menu made me think not, but some just have and it’s causing me problems!

I was using a Miro board to review web content and I definitely didn’t click that update button, but some of the captures have updated anyway and now the stickies and underlines and highlights no longer match up to the content  :face_palm_tone1:

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 14 September 2020, 16:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kat Husbands - One may expect that Miro would not be running any background update process on these objects as it would be unnecessary overheard. However, maybe they do? I don’t see any mention of this in the only help article I can find that mentions the Web page capture feature: 10 Ways to Add Content.

You would always try opening a Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center ticket to report the inconsistent behaviour you are experiencing and to ask for clarification on its intended functionality, e.g., auto updates.

Thanks Robert, I have submitted a request as you suggest :-)

Hey Kat, did you receive an answer?