Uploading photos with mobile app gone wrong

Dears, I wanted to share my experience with uploading photos using Miro mobile app. I have done so, waiting for the photos to be seen on the board. As I have taken a few photos I am sure I have seen them uploaded as I had to move them around to accommodate them all on the board. However, once I’ve opened the board via desktop a few days later, there were no photos to be found + no proof in the board’s history of any such action. 

The support assumes that I have not waited for the photos to be uploaded as the feature works for them. Well, yeah.

If you are using the mobile app, please be mindful and check your boards later on (before disregarding the photographed materials). Do not trust the mobile app, it might deceive you. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Joanna Nowarska - Did this only happen once to you or an you consistently reproduce the issue?

What mobile device OS are you using?

Were there other participants on the board at the time you uploaded the photos?

If you were to open the board on your desktop and upload a photo via the app, do you see the photo appear on the board while viewing from your desktop?

@Robert Johnson it’s a one time issue so far - previous uploads have worked just fine. But, this time I have left the materials behind and thus it became such an issue for me (can’t reproduce them...). 

I’m using iphone 11, there were no participants on the board while uploading the photos. And now the feature is working just fine. I am aware it could have been just a once-in-a-million situation, but I think it’s also good to raise awareness for people to double-check (especially if, like in my situation, one’s project is dependent on the board’s content). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Joanna Nowarska - Thanks for confirming this.

As you have likely already started doing, I create a backup of the content by first taking a picture of the content using my phone’s camera app then then uploading the image from my gallery using the Miro app vs. taking a picture with the Miro app.