uploaded pdf's not loading text anymore only graphics

• 17 March 2021
  • 7 replies

I was able to load pdfs till 5 days ago. Now thye wont load fully-- only graphics and lines, not any text. Browser and app.

Free version

Alyona 1 year ago

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

I'm sorry to hear that your experience working with PDF files added to a Miro board wasn't better. I'm afraid the issue you're facing is known but also very rare and sporadic. Because of that, we were unable to find a solution to it yet. But please be assured that the team is researching the case and will do their best to prevent this from bothering you in the future!

In addition to the workaround Bret already mentioned, another option that we can suggest is uploading the PDF file to some cloud services and adding its URL link to Miro objects:

?name=inline1526107950.png

We understand that this is far from ideal; however, for the time being, these are the best workarounds. We're truly sorry for the inconvenience! 

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Jacqui 

Welcome to the Miro Online Community!

Can you please share a screenshot of the issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I was able to load pdfs till 5 days ago. Now thye wont load fully-- only graphics and lines, not any text. Browser and app.

Free version

@Jacqui - Is this still happening?

yes it is. No matter the size of the pdf-- only graphics load.

I’ve been having the same issue over all the time I have used miro. Some pdf files ( probably of law quality ) are uploaded and then miro removes most of the text. (I can see a blurry text, when it has loaded, most of it disappear.) is there any way to solve the predicament? 

I’ve got the same thing happening. I’ve stopped using Miro completely out of frustration but thought I’d give it another try after some months--yet it’s still an issue. I’ve tried toying with the PDFs in various ways, such as allowing Preview to to export to a new PDF. The only thing that works is to export to an image, but that’s a one page at a time deal that takes much too long. I see there’s no reply above so I’m not holding my breath.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

I'm sorry to hear that your experience working with PDF files added to a Miro board wasn't better. I'm afraid the issue you're facing is known but also very rare and sporadic. Because of that, we were unable to find a solution to it yet. But please be assured that the team is researching the case and will do their best to prevent this from bothering you in the future!

In addition to the workaround Bret already mentioned, another option that we can suggest is uploading the PDF file to some cloud services and adding its URL link to Miro objects:

?name=inline1526107950.png

We understand that this is far from ideal; however, for the time being, these are the best workarounds. We're truly sorry for the inconvenience! 

I appreciate the response, here and via email.

:)