Question

Updated Miroverse Template Appears Blank in Preview

• 13 January 2024
  • 9 replies

Hi folks, maybe you can advise?

I recently updated my template in the Miroverse at:
https://miro.com/miroverse/making-next-happen-template/

However when I preview it, it appears as a blank screen. I have found I have to repeatedly [zoom out] to see it. How do I correct this, as for users of the template, it appears as if there is nothing there, impacting use and discovery.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tom Hoyland - If you didn’t already, you will need to set the default “start view’ of the board. if you want it to show the entire board, the quickest way to get to this view is to use Alt/Option+1 Once you have the view to which you would like first-time viewers of your board to see, you can set the start view by right-clicking on the board and select “Set current view as start”.

More on setting the start view here: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730813#01FPSJHNC3GVMMANZDM4Q317QS

Hi @Robert Johnson. Thank you for your reply. I’ve followed the instructions you’ve provided but unfortunately this does not fix the issue. 😕

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tom Hoyland - Hmm. Are other changes you are making to the template published immediately, or do they require approval/review by Miro? I did note that, when I load the board directly in an incognito window, it does show a “show all” type of view:

@Robert Johnson . Good questions. When I load the board as you have done, it shows on the screen, in the centre as expected. I’ve texted this under Chrome in regular and incognito mode, and it works in the same way you’ve demonstrated. 

I haven’t made any other changes and any changes I have made have been immediately reflected in the template which is then usable. 

My challenge is when landing on the page in the Miroverse template area. Here it shows as off the screen, requiring zooming out to see it. See attached images.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tom Hoyland - From what you are saying, I believe this should go to the Miro support team for investigation. Do you have a paid subscription? If so, you can open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

However, if you do not have a paid subscription or are on the Education Plan, let me know and I will help get this to the support team.

Thanks @Robert Johnson . I’ll ensure it’s raised. I’ve got the Professional/Paid plan. Thank you for your help on this! 👍

Hi @Robert Johnson , forgive the additional query. Do you know what the expected response time is for support tickets raised with Miro?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Robert Johnson , forgive the additional query. Do you know what the expected response time is for support tickets raised with Miro?

Unfortunately, I do not.

I tried Robert’s steps fixing this and it worked.

But, as an additional step, what I tried is re-linking the board or template used in Miroverse. After that,  the start view you’ve set should reflect to Miroverse. 

I hope this helps!