Question

Unwanted Session Timeout with Consultant Plan - Miro keeps logging me out

I am being constantly logged from Miro and it sooooooo frustrating and annoying.

I am aware of the Idle Session Timeout settings that can be set with Enterprise Plans for security reasons. However, I am on a Consultant Plan!

I once logged in in the same browser with an enterprise account. Can it be that this led to some kind of a cookie mix-up, so that now I’m being logged out from my consultant plan account as if I was on an enterprise plan?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Ilja,

Alyona from Miro Support is here for a moment 👋

To help you resolve this issue, I'll have to share some sensitive information connected to your Miro profile. For privacy reasons, I can't do so in the Community, so I'm going to convert this topic into a support ticket and will follow up with you there shortly.

Hi Alyona,

thanks for explaining. So the issue is that my personal account is connected through a “free restricted license” with the Enterprise plan, and only admins can now “release” me from being affected by the Enterprise Plan with its security settings.

Problem I see is that at least in my case I was absolutely unaware of the consequences of joining a team (or was it just a board?) with my personal account and becoming affected by the enterprise settings, so I assume this may be happening to many other users who have their own accounts / license plans and also work for an organization that has an Enterprise plan.

Anyway, thanks for helping out!
Ilja

So, I asked the enterprise admins to remove my private account from the enterprise account, and it looks like I’m no longer affected by the Enterprise Idle Session timeout.

As said, I believe it would help if it was a little more transparent that the account was connected to the Enterprise and therefore affected.

But for me the problem is solved now, thanks a lot, @Alyona