selecting multiple shape contained in a bigger shape

• 13 December 2022
  • 4 replies

I have 2 questions. Which I cant find the answer to”

1. if I have rectangle and within the rectangle, I have four others rounds. Normally if I click-select all the rounds. And I do it just outside the main shape, then it will always select the main rectangle as well. How can I prevent it. Its a standard powerpoint thing.
  2. If I have one or more shapes. how can I make them all them same lenghth and or width ( without actually entering the lenght etc.) They just need to match,

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@arjanpetersen -

1. Can you clarify whether you are using a frame (for the rectangle) or just a rectangular shape? If the latter, then I haven’t had any issues with clicking on one shape inside a rectangle, then Ctrl-Click’ing on the remaining ones to select them without having the rectangle also selected.
  2. One way to do this is to turn on the “Show object size” option in the Miro popup menu which you can access from any spot on the board where there isn’t an object. With that, you will get the vertical and horizontal dimensions to enable you to resize objects accurately.

Kiron

Thnx for taking time to react:

1. no frames.just shapes. I’m trying to select eg. 4 boxes in a round shape. When I select them by hover my mouse than always the main shape (ie round shape) will be selected as well. It’s standard PowerPoint behaviour. But drives me nuts in miro
  2. Yeah I understand that solution. It’s a way to go around it.but ok.

thanks

Just as very easy way to illustrate my main issues:

Let say I have a simple canvas like this:. Then we I want to select 2 or so notes: This will happen Blue is the selectorion pange):
So my intent is to select 4 four. And off course you can tell me te delselect the mail blue shape. But that can been any color. I would just like a to get around this is if possible.

2, I have a hard time to understand is when I have four stickies. Ie. example her open. Each stiky has some text or detaoils.

1. can I merge the call te same mathhc shoulder,arm size? Without mifu.

2 In wordt je gefrragd m een eenf foutling Met een beene zoeken kem jer.