Searching options (AKA: how to find things): a question before diving deeper

• 31 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3

Greetings,

I really like Miro and I’d like to use it as my knowledge hub, but I need a robust text searching:

1. Is there a global search option, so that I can search for a string of text across ALL the boards and the projects?
  2. Does Miro searches inside my documents, such as PDFs, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, documents I embed from Google Drive?

Or: how do I find things inside those documents? Any workaround?

Thank you?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@IvanPsy - Only Enterprise Plan subscriptions support the searching of text within boards while searching from the dashboard. More on this here:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012140959-How-to-search-in-Miro#h_01FK0TBDN6AMHKT04T58MCD70Z

Searching uploaded documents

This is not currently supported and I cannot think of any workarounds. For example, even if you embedded a document (OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.) it still wouldn't be searched while searching a board (or if using a 3rd party app like Super Search). I can't even think of a way to build this functionality (that would be cost effective or user friendly) using the Miro Developer Platform.

Userlevel 3

@Robert Johnson thank you for the reply.

I see, so I think Miro doesn’t have what I need for my knowledge base.

It doesn’t even have a decent mind mapping feature (no importing nor exporting from/to other Apps).

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Greetings,

I really like Miro and I’d like to use it as my knowledge hub, but I need a robust text searching:

1. Is there a global search option, so that I can search for a string of text across ALL the boards and the projects?
  2. Does Miro searches inside my documents, such as PDFs, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, documents I embed from Google Drive?

Or: how do I find things inside those documents? Any workaround?

Thank you?

Hey Miro Community–– We just introduced advance dashboard search in Miro! Check out this post to learn more about this update. As always, thank you for your continued feedback and helping make Miro better 🚀