[RESOLVED] Links disappeared from boards

• 30 November 2020
  • 32 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello,

I just began to use Miro recently and created new boards last week.

When I got back to it today, all the links (internal to objects and external to sites) I created has disappeared from all the boards! Exept for one, with a mistake I corrected before leaving the board on friday…

I tried to recreate the links but everytime I leave the board, the links has disappeared again when I reopen !

Does anyone now if it is a frequent issue? Do you know how to restore the links and make them stay?

BTW, I am still using the free version because I am testing the tool. Is there maybe a limit of links in free version?

And there has been only me working on these boards for the moment.

Thank you for the help.

Marina 3 years ago

Hi there,

@Yuki Takanami @Yuki Fujisaki @Mike Guiler @Matthias @Musaab Al-Okaidi @Martin Haustein @choon lim @Stephen Chew @Robert Johnson @Evan Wondolowski 

We appreciate your patience and understanding!

The team told me that this issue has been fixed. Could you please check now and confirm links stay where they should be?

View original

32 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello Yuki,

I too have just encountered this issue.  Whenever I create a link on an object (sticky, text, or shape) the link works fine but disappears after closing and reopening the board.  I’m a paying client of Miro so the issue isn’t just limited to your free license.  I’ve opened a ticket with Miro so we’ll see what they say.  

@Yuki Takanami  + @Mike Guiler Can you share a screenshot?

Userlevel 2

@Matthias Here’s the first image.  I created a new test board, added a sticky, and updated the link.  I can even click on this link and it opens up another board in my project.

Userlevel 2

@Matthias When I close my test board and then reopen it I get this.

Userlevel 2

It’s worth noting that it doesn’t matter if it’s an internal or external link.  They both work and then disappear reopening the board.

@Mike Guiler  Would be interesting to see if other types of links also disappear:

1. Try dropping a URL of a video 
  2. Add a link in the Notes panel
  3. Add a link / URL in a comment

Userlevel 2

@Matthias Those three test worked just fine.  For me it appears to be limited to using the link to menu option.

2 more questions / test to help Miro support pinpoint the issue:

1. Do links also disappear if they are applied to images too?
  2. Do links to a “Frame” disappear?
    • Because, if they don’t, using frames may be a useful workaround: to use links to navigate you post-its, lines or objects
    • Create a frame around your are of interest
    • Open the left Frames panel by clicking Frames icon in the bottom left tool set 
    • Then, as you roll-over  the corresponding Frame you just created in the left Frames panel, click the elipis (“…”)  to the right of the Frame’s name and select “Copy link”
    • Let’s see if this works
Userlevel 2

Links applied to an images also disappear.  Links to frames on other boards disappear as well.

I’m also facing the same issue. Has this been resolved yet?

Userlevel 2

It seems the issue had been resolved because I just made a test on my boards and the links doesn’t disappear anymore.

Thank you @Matthias and @Mike Guiler !

BTW, what was the problem? Was it a temporary technical issue?

It’s still not working for me.

Userlevel 2

Oh, shoot. Since I do not know what was the source of the issue, I cannot help you out.

I recommend you to reopen a ticket here : https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?referer=community

Userlevel 2

Seems like I was too quick to claim victory…

The issue is solved for internal links to objets and frames.

But External links put on image and objects are still disappearing.

I have also opened a ticket.

Userlevel 2

Hello.  The ticket I opened yesterday has been escalated to the technology team as a bug.  Hopefully they’ll identify the issue and resolution quickly.

Userlevel 2

Same here. Seems like it was effective to multiply reports. Thanks @Mike Guiler and @Musaab Al-Okaidi 

Hey, just wanted to join in and say that the issue is still at large. Both for external and internal links. We tested it with several people and got the same results as mentioned above. Hope this is fixed soon...

I used links to link internal frames, but those that I created this week disappeared too after I close it. Only one link that created two weeks ago is always there. 

Userlevel 1

After reading this, I closed my browser and had a similar problem.  Of the 3 links on my board, 2 stayed but one disappeared.  It was an internal link.  The other two are 1 internal and 1 external.  All 3 were done by choosing “edit link” from the object menu

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I am 99% I had pasted six links/URLs onto a board, but there are now only five. I did this by copying a URL to my clipboard and then Ctrl + V to paste - a thumbnail style link was then created. 

Same here, it's good to know that I'm not the only one.

Although I lost almost a whole day work, I’ve noticed that some of them are alive. There are apparently “good” sessions and “bad” sessions in Miro. Through some investigation, I found that links are alive when you are working in a “good” one.

Workaround:

1. Before you add a link to an element, open the same board in a new tab to monitor your further edits
  2. Try adding the link in the original tab
  3. Check to see if the link was created in the monitor tab
    • If the link was not created in the monitor tab, reload the original tab as Miro unable to save the link in that session
    • Once it succeed, the link was persisted and you can continue working in the tab safely (for a while)

Same here, it's good to know that I'm not the only one.

Although I lost almost a whole day work, I’ve noticed that some of them are alive. There are apparently “good” sessions and “bad” sessions in Miro. Through some investigation, I found that links are alive when you are working in a “good” one.

Workaround:

1. Before you add a link to an element, open the same board in a new tab to monitor your further edits
  2. Try adding the link in the original tab
  3. Check to see if the link was created in the monitor tab
    • If the link was not created in the monitor tab, reload the original tab as Miro unable to save the link in that session
    • Once it succeed, the link was persisted and you can continue working in the tab safely (for a while)

This is the answer. Thanks Yuki!
It seems like Miro needs to address the functionality of its auto saving…

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi there,

@Yuki Takanami @Yuki Fujisaki @Mike Guiler @Matthias @Musaab Al-Okaidi @Martin Haustein @choon lim @Stephen Chew @Robert Johnson @Evan Wondolowski 

We appreciate your patience and understanding!

The team told me that this issue has been fixed. Could you please check now and confirm links stay where they should be?

Userlevel 2

Yep, the fix appears to have worked.  Thanks.

Userlevel 2

Yes, same here. I will check again tomorrow just to be sure ;)