[RESOLVED] Hotkeys/Shortcuts interfere with writing text

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Aulonia -

Are you able to post a Loom (or similar) video showing this behavior? If I understand correctly, when you just type an “n” or “s” it is treating that as shortcuts rather than entering the letters as text?

Have you tried this in incognito mode in Chrome? Also, if you have any browser extensions enabled, try disabling those to see if something is interfering with the normal operation of the browser app.

Kiron

I have the same problem. I cannot write the letters n or c in stickies or text fields - they are treated as shortcuts for new sticky and new comment.

Weirdly, other shortcut letters (v, t, s, l, p, f) work fine when typing text.

I use the Miro installed app on Windows 11. I have tried using Edge on Windows 11 - same behavior.

It started today. No problem yesterday. Rebooting did not help.

Best regards
Morten

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I am using (what should be) the latest Miro app (0.7.12 64-bit) on Windows 11 and am not experiencing this when in edit mode in Text, Shapes, or Sticky Notes.

My first suggestion would be for browser users to clear their cache and desktop app users to reset the application data and then try again.

I have the same problem, it started about 3h ago. I already opened a ticket. It makes miro practically unusable. Problem occurs in browser as well as in the app, other colleagues visiting my boards experience the same issue, so I´d say its board- or miro-related. Urgent help very much appreciated, ty. 

Edit: As Morten says, v, t, s, l, p, f are fine. Its only n and c as far as I can tell. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Felix Burgsmüller - I was curious if it may be account/team/board related.

Out of curiosity, does it happen for you in this board?

https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVO2QIpyM=/

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Miro Support Team: @Felix Burgsmüller tested on this board and did not experience the issue.

Dear all

First thank you for all your input.

It is is as @Kiron Bondale  described. Typing N lead to open the new sticky note menu.Same for S.

I tried the cleaning the cache and this did not solve it.

Also I noticed that the bug does not always occur, sometimes it works and then is does not.

The desktop app shows no problem, so I could work with this. However how can I be sure my guests will not run into the same problem?

@Robert Johnson  To me it occurs all the time in every setting (Browser, App)