[RESOLVED] - Double click to edit the text doesn't work & the screen moves when I move the mouse without clicking in Firefox

• 23 October 2021
  • 26 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

When I click to edit text within a shape the cursor ‘locks’ and grabs the board when I move the mouse

I’ve checked the navigation mode and all seems fine. This was not occurring yesterday when doing the same thing.

I have also tested a secondary mouse and the same occurs

Any thoughts?

Nick_Miro 2 years ago

Hi @Benjamin Westphal and all!

I’ve just received a note from the Tech Team that the fix has been released.  If you still see the issue occurring, please:

1. Test Miro in the Incognito (private) mode (to exclude the possibility of browser extensions interfering) and in a different browser. Close all browser tabs and applications running in the background if needed.
  2. Clear your browser's cache & cookies, restart your browser and hard refresh the page by clicking F5 (or Ctrl / Cmd + R) several times.

If these 2 step don’t really help, feel free to inform Customer Support via this form. The team will be more than happy to investigate further and assist you!

View original

26 replies

Same here… I hope this is a transient issue not something intended. (edit -- removed rant, and see later comment)

Userlevel 1

Do you know how to escalate to Miro Team? Clearly must be a bug.

Do you know how to escalate to Miro Team? Clearly must be a bug.

Vaughan I’m a little fearful that somebody intended it… and the usability for me just dropped through the floor!

… actually it is getting worse, the mouse scroll wheel for me has gone haywire. If an image is selected, and then mousewheel turned, then it’s “board hyperspace option”, I land basically anywhere!!! Plus, it is very difficult to deselect via clicking away from the selected object.  Vaughan what browser/device are you using?

Hello again. I have trialled things in Chrome (I am usually in Firefox) and Chrome does not have this problem, it’s working fine. Miro might have set up navigation options (mouse/touch) very recently, I have only really noticed them today. Firefox (possibly due cookie/ad blocking) might be going haywire. So I can confirm that the world still spins in the correct direction in some browsers/devices including Chrome.

Userlevel 1

Hi Simon,

Thanks for testing, I agree it is a firefox issue.

I did try firefox incognito, but didn’t hel and cleared cache too.

Anyway things going now - cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Vaughan - This issue has happened before. I will open a support ticket myself and update this post as I hear back.

@Vaughan - I will CC you in ticket.

From my testing and what I am hearing from others on the community, the issue appears to be isolated to Firefox.

Here is the issue in action (I double-click the shape to get into edit mode and while my cursor is flashing, I can move the board with my mouse):

Contacting Support

For future reference, you can find information on how to contact Miro support in the following Help Center article:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support

The following link will open the support form for you to fill out:

Userlevel 1

Thanks Robert

I am having issues on the board, I am not selecting the objects but they are juts moving across the board by just moving my mouse cursor. The only way to get rid of the loop is too turn off the select menu option which is quite annoying. For any small changes, for example, typing in a template cell or in post-it note I need to do this step.

Could anyone know how to solve the issue? I have to finish some work and I can not find the way to solve this.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Fatima Delgado -

Can you post a Loom (or similar) video of the behavior? How are you accessing Miro? If it is through a browser, can you try via the desktop app and see if that works? Alternately, you can try clearing your browser history & cache and stopping and restarting your browser.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Fatima Delgado - Are you using Firefox? This is a known issue at the moment. It may have extended beyond Firefox too. 

Userlevel 2

This started happening to me today. I tried to log out and back without any success. Anytime I double click a node to change the text, screen moves when I move my mouse ( for example to select part of the text or move the cursor during the text editing - which is currently impossible with the mouse ). Is there any trick to switch something off?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

FYI: I found the post from a past occurrence of this issue:

https://community.miro.com/peer-support-45/navigation-help-screen-moves-when-i-move-the-mouse-without-clicking-5659

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ksenia Gritsai - FYI: This appears to be a the same issue as ticket # 332260.

Userlevel 2

I can confirm that I have the same issue in Firefox.

Same here. It is happening since yesterday.

When I double click into a shape in order to edit it’s text, for a brief moment it shows a text cursor, but then quits and draws a selections rectangle (although I let go of the mouse button before) which I can only get rid of by clicking again. (Right-click -> edit works correctly)

Trying to edit the name of a frame shows the same behaviour. (Right-click -> rename works correctly)

See the gif for a run-through of this behaviour:

https://imgur.com/a/KuCwBQs

Windows. Firefox 93.0 (64-Bit), no extensions

Cache emptied, only tab is miro, other browser works fine

Same behaviour in a number of boards, incl. a new one

Thanks  for solving the issue - same problem at my side on Firefox as well Chrome / desktop version / navigation mode mouse.

Urgent need for a solution - as probably quite a number of users have...:
Part of our daily work is based on MIRO - we do a lot of acquisition work on the board and have a fix ed date Wednesday. Any chance of a fast solution, an alernative or a work around?

I’ll post it in the help center as well.

Best regards, Jasmin

Its really do not work since last week:

Im writing in a box and cant get out of it anymore with my mouse. The whole screen is moving!!!!

I really do need a solving of this problem very, very urgent.

Here's a workaround that I found for this bug.

Say I am wanting to edit a text box.

Will trigger the bug: Double click the text to edit it. Now your mouse is glued.

Won’t trigger the bug: Single click the text to select the text box. Push [Enter] to go to edit mode. Your mouse is still free to move.

A workaround I found for when your mouse is glued: Scroll your mouse wheel to zoom out. Your canvas will pan out so that your mouse is hovered over a different section. Single click. Your mouse is now unglued.

I hope the Miro team fixes this bug soon -- it is very difficult to unlearn years of muscle memory of "double click to edit something”

@Fatima Delgado - Are you using Firefox? This is a known issue at the moment. It may have extended beyond Firefox too. 

https://community.miro.com/peer-support-45/bug-reported-board-goes-into-pan-mode-moves-while-editing-text-firefox-6255

Hi @Robert Johnson indeed I have been using Firefox and using Miro in this browser for the last year and half I have never had this problem, except for the last 4 days. I really do not what to do, but for you it is a setback because Miro board in my daily basis at work.

Here's a workaround that I found for this bug

….

Won’t trigger the bug: Single click the text to select the text box. Push [Enter] to go to edit mode. Your mouse is still free to move.

A workaround I found for when your mouse is glued: Scroll your mouse wheel to zoom out. Your canvas will pan out so that your mouse is hovered over a different section. Single click. Your mouse is now unglued.

Great Ann! Thank you so much.
Easy workaraound - and it & works!
Yes, I’d also prefer a way back to the intuitive way of doing it… :-)

Here's a workaround that I found for this bug

….

nvm

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi everyone!

Thanks for sharing all the details! Our Tech Team is already working on fixing this issue. As a temporary solution, you can add ?clientVersion=beta to your board’s URL. Once the fix has been released, another message will published here. Stay tuned!

?clientVersion=beta to your board’s URL.

I can can confirm this fixing the bug.