[RESOLVED] Can no longer use Ctrl+X to cut from text boxes

Userlevel 1

Starting on 11/7 I am no longer able to use the Ctrl+X shortcut to Cut text from Text Boxes. Using Ctrl+X will copy the content allowing me to paste it into another text box or program but it does not remove the content from the original text box. I also cannot right click inside the text box while content is highlighted to cut/copy/paste that way.

Has anyone experienced this or know a fix? I’ve tried incognito browser, a different browser, different boards, resetting desktop app cache, logging out and back into desktop app, and restarting desktop app. Are there other things I should try?

Thanks for any help or advice!

Robert Johnson 1 year ago

@StupidJan / @Carrick Wilson:

Update #2 (issue resolved):

Thank you for your patience in this matter! 

We're happy to let you know that the issue you reported has been successfully resolved on our end. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this behavior may have caused!

In case users are still facing the issue, feel free to let us know – once you reply to this thread, the ticket will be automatically reopened.

I have retested and the cut/Ctr/Cmd+X action does now appear to be working as expected.

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 2

Same here 😡 It’s a nightmare, when global basic functions like these get lost. What happend?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Carrick Wilson / @StupidJan - I am experiencing this too in Chrome and the Miro desktop app on Windows 11 64-bit.

I will open a Miro support ticket and report back here as I hear from the support team.

And if they are taking too long, I will walk across the room and ask if any Mironeers are looking into this as I am currently answer questions both on the Community and in person from Miro’s Austin hub:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update #1:

Thank you for the report!

I'm afraid that currently, there's a bug on our end that causes this behavior. The good news is that the team is already aware of the issue and is currently working on a fix for it. We're bringing our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience it causes! 

We'll definitely keep you updated on the progress. Please, bear with us! 

Userlevel 1

Hi there Robert,

Thanks for picking this up and helping get some more attention to it! We will eagerly await any updates you receive :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@StupidJan / @Carrick Wilson:

Update #2 (issue resolved):

Thank you for your patience in this matter! 

We're happy to let you know that the issue you reported has been successfully resolved on our end. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this behavior may have caused!

In case users are still facing the issue, feel free to let us know – once you reply to this thread, the ticket will be automatically reopened.

I have retested and the cut/Ctr/Cmd+X action does now appear to be working as expected.

Userlevel 2

Very happy, this was just a bug 😃👍 Thanks @Robert Johnson 

Userlevel 1

Woo! Thank you for the help bringing attention to this issue @Robert Johnson

Hi @Robert Johnson -- should we still reply if we’re having issues? I’m still having issues on this as of today. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Wilcam - If you have tried

and this is still happening, and you have a paid subscription, you could submit a Miro support ticket by following these steps:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

If you do not have a paid subscription, please reply if you are still experiencing the issue after mafter trying the above steps.

Hi @Robert Johnson 

• Perfect - got it to work! Previously, those fixes weren’t doing it but it worked today.