Product Design & Business Development

• 3 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi there!

Digital product design supports business goals in the context of strategies defined in an organization. How have have you experienced this practice in your career? Would you like to share with us techniques/strategies you use to mix & balance business, human-centered design, technology, (and sustainability) goals into your practice?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Greetings, Johanny

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Johanny Pestalozzi — love your question! So excited to hear our Community’s stories and examples! 

In the meantime, I decided to share a couple of stories that I find interesting and that talk about product design and its role in various organizations:

Would super curious to learn how design works cross-functionally in your organization!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Anna Savina Thanks a lot for sharing these stories! I’ll definitely have a look into them. :raised_hands_tone4:

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Johanny Pestalozzi I am not a digital product designer, but I have been a client and I’ve worked inside tech companies as a representative for the customer, who engages with product designers. Something I value about product professionals, in general, is the way that you’re able to look underneath the request that someone is making and get at the heart of the need. When I have been on teams that practice this kind of empathy, customers are generally wowed. In contrast, I have also worked with teams that are, frankly, arrogant and believe what they think is better than what the customer thinks. Without fail, that mindset produced a negative result. So, my two cents = empathy all the way! :grin:  

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Alexis Luscutoff Thank you so much for sharing these insights with us! I fully agree with you. Empathy is an essential element to build a customer/user-centric product & organization. May I ask a further question? :grin: When you look underneath a client’s request, what approach/techniques do you use? It’d be great to build a kind of toolkit of useful things that help us in this process. :raised_hands_tone4: