Skip to main content
Question

Payment

• 26 July 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello. It was time to pay for the subscription when I discovered that I had accidentally added 10 people to my team but in reality I am only one person on the team. But after that I deleted them I received a message that I need to pay 180$. Although for one person I only need to pay 20$ (for bisuness plan for 1 person at team). I want to pay 20$ but I can't do it because they ask for 180$. What should I do in this situation?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Alliia May - From what you are describing, if you have selected monthly billing, Miro thinks there are 9 team members, i.e., 9 x $20.

What are you seeing from your dashboard? Are you only seeing one team member?

If it shows one, but you cannot select one license, then I would suggest you try:

• clearing your browser cache
  • signing out and back in to your Miro account.

Yes, I am only one person in the team and I did everything you said but nothing has changed, this program still asks me for $180 and I don’t know what to do 😪

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Alliia May - Can you share a screenshot of this screen, ensuring you do not include any credit card/personal information:

Nothing changes here, they still ask for $180

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Alliia May - Thanks for sharing the screenshots – they help to explain what is going on.

And what is going is: Miro is not known for its smooth, fully self-serve subscription flows.

I see your trial expires on August 9, so, even though you have a “past due” invoice, I believe you would be fine to just leave things as they are until August 9 role around. However, I also cannot say what would happen on that day and with no live chat or telephone support, no one wants to be in a scramble.

Options...

Opening a support ticket

Because you have a paid Miro subscription, I would suggest that you open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

• Note: After you have selected Contact support from the Learning Center, select Billing & Subscription → Billing & Payments / Other.

Cancelling your trial

While you would ultimately lose out on some free Miro use, I believe that you could do the following:

**NOTE: Please do not proceed if you don’t feel comfortable taking the following steps**

You could trying using the Cancel trial action:

I believe that after this is done, one of two things would happen:

1. You would be back to your Starter Plan and asked to renew your subscription (or upgrade to Business)
  2. Both your trial and Starter Subscription would be cancelled. If this did happen, do not fear – Miro will not deleting anything! You would likely then have to downgrade your plan to free, and then immediately upgrade to Starer or Business.

Here are some help center articles on the topic:

• How to cancel your subscription – Not the same same as cancelling a trial, but the info may come in handy.
  • Downgrading your plan
  • This board is locked – In case you end up having to downgrade to free, but do not immediately upgrade to paid again, then you may need these steps in case any of the boards were private, i.e., set to “Team access → No access”.

In the end, I would still advise that you open a support ticket first.