Question

Parts of Miro blocked by office network

• 16 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi all, 

I’m hoping you get some information that I can present to my IT department in getting access to my and my student’s Miro boards. 

I work in a high school and my senior students have been using Miro as an online folio due to COVID-19 lockdowns. Last year it worked and I wanted to replicate it this year due to more lockdowns in Melbourne, Australia. 

I can log in to Miro perfectly fine (so can my students), however whenever we try to load a board, all we see from the website or the Miro app is the ‘M’ loading animation over and over. If I pair it with my phone, it loads. 

Any thoughts to getting this resolved?

Thank you in advance. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@James Chew - The behaviour you are describing--all aspects of Miro load except for the boards themselves--sounds just like what the following Help Center article is describing:

Add Miro to Allowed Domains

It states that Miro requires that your Internet connection allows for WebSicket connections to miro.com.

Sharing the above article with your IT department should be a good start.

Hi @Robert Johnson  thank you so much. I actually JUST found that after I hit the send button on my question to the community 🤦🏻‍♂️

I’ve shared it with them and I hope it works. 

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@James Chew

I actually JUST found that after I hit the send button on my question to the community 🤦🏻‍♂️

It happens 🙂 This post will still surely help others, so thanks!

Hi @Robert Johnson 

Just updating you to say that whatever was written in the article 100% worked! 

Our head of IT did say “the websockets test page is interesting, but its not overly useful as its a broad test rather than specific to the pages needed. It does not take into account individual blocking of sites and filtering, so I could allow it to work without fixing your issue”. However, whatever else was in there re: allowed sites, IP addresses, and proxies seemed to have resolved the issue. 

Thank you so much 👍🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@James Chew - Nice! Glad to help 🙂👍