Participants' reactions during meetings

• 16 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

We would like to understand more about how non-verbal feedback from participants during meetings can help making meetings more engaging and allow to everyone in the meeting to express themselves.

What kind of non-verbal feedback you expect meetings participants to express during your online meetings?

So far, I noticed these things people do:

React on content (“I like the idea on that sticker”, “I don’t get what’s written there”)

React on events (“hey! glad you joined us”, “I support what you’re saying”, “I have a question”)

Express current mood (a kind of “status” letting people know how I feel right now)

I feel that there’s a lot of unsupported scenarios in remote setup and I’d love to know:

❓ Do you have something to complete on the list above?

❓ What’s the most important of them all to make meeting engaging and feeling more like in-person one?

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Vlad Ponomarenko 

❓ Do you have something to complete on the list above?

• Stickers & Gifs

❓ What’s the most important of them all to make meeting engaging and feeling more like in-person one?

• Voting & Quiz

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Vlad Ponomarenko :

When I do online-lessons with classes it’s needed to get the attraction from my participants.

In the center of it all are always few questions:

• What has my participant to do with the object I am talking about
  • What can I do to make it more interesting for my target-group
  • Should I use pictures, symbols, clips of films, sounds 
  • How can I add a discussion or a breakout-room with few members of the participants
  • What should / could they present in front of the whole group
  • What elements should they place onto the board 
  • Can I use a poll
  • What kind of interaction can / should I use

From an educational psychological and didactic research it says:

You always should change your method every 10 minutes … 

For me it is the challenge to put this into a miro-based-seminar so my participants don’t feel bored.

In classes where the participants have to be online the whole seminar-time it is also a challenge to tell them to turn on their camera …

So in generall there is one simple question:

How can I make my seminar / online-lesson attractive for my participants altough there are some of them who had to be in this seminar but they don’t like to be there …

One thing I do often that I ask them at the end:

In the beginning as I started where was your knowing about this or that on a scale from one to ten:

One is for “No knowing” 10 for “I know everything”.

So this interaction helps me and my participants to show what they have learned:

And it shows myself: Maybe there are some ways to get a higher score … maybe the next time ...

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Vlad Ponomarenko -

A variant on “Express current mood” is “Express current status” - for example “Back in 5 minutes”, “Have to take a quick call”, “Making a coffee”

Kiron