Skip to main content

Hello! I have made my org chart but I am having a hard time figuring out how to shift folks to be under different people and removing them from original spot. It will delete anyone below them if I copy and paste. Any suggestions?

@Maddy Holt - Can you please start by telling us more about which Miro object types you have used to create your org chart? For example, did you use

• a mind map
  • a template - if so, which one? Can you link us to it?
  • created it on your own using shapes/sticky notes/connection lines?

A screenshot could be helpful too.

Hi there!

I used this template: https://miro.com/app/dashboard/?tpTemplate=company-organizational-chart&isCustom=false&share_link_id=207001917997

example 1. I have the following people under one row. If I wanted to move Sunny to be under someone else - I copied and pasted but when I went to delete Sunny everyone below him also got deleted. How can I prevent that from happening?

@Maddy Holt -

it looks like this template is just using the standard mind map object. If so, moving nodes from one parent to another is done by clicking on the node (so that it shows as being selected) and dragging and dropping it onto the parent node you wish it to fall under. That should also bring along all of the children under that node.

Kiron

Can I move someone individually without moving what is below them and then being able to delete the space with our deleting what was under there. Like the screenshot above. Thanks!

@Maddy Holt - When you delete a node, all child nodes will be deleted.

In your example, they quickest way around this limitation would be to click-and-drag Robert to some other node, delete Sunny, and then dragy Robert back to Noah.

Like so: