Skip to main content

This has now happened a couple times and this time I have a looming client meeting where I NEED to use the Miro board. Has this happened to others. How can it be fixed? Won’t open on any browser and running workshops is my business. So if I can’t rely on the site, I can’t use it no matter how much i love it

Hi @tracyjconsulting - we’re sorry to hear about this; to start, have you tried turning your device on/off and clearing cache and cookies from your browser? If you have any screenshots, etc. that you can provide, that may help us further investigate. 

the device was just restarted and that was what caused the problems. 

I was using the board. then when I turned the computer back on and opened the browser, the Miro tab won’t load. 

Hi @tracyjconsulting,

To add on @Maria Pedone’s response, kindly check the following as well:

1. Check if the issue is reproduced in incognito (private) mode
  2. Disable the browser extensions. Sometimes they clash with Miro processes (e.g. Grammarly with the text widgets).
  3. If you also work in the Desktop app, reset the app data
  4. If you experience performance issues on a specific board, try duplicating it and see if the issue persists on the copied board.
  5. If issue persists on the duplicate board, try to check if issue persists on a newly created board.

thank you. I ended up having to clear the cache, close the app and reopen it. Is there anything you can do to make it so that this doesn’t happen in the future. I’ve seen others with teh same problem so maybe pass on to dev thanks

Hi @tracyjconsulting,

I'm glad to hear that clearing the cache and restarting the app helped resolve the issue. I understand how stressful that must be right before a client meeting.

To help prevent this from happening in the future, you can:

• Regularly clear your cache and cookies.
  • Keep your browser and the Miro desktop app up to date.
  • Try using Miro in different browsers or the desktop app, whichever seems more stable for you.

I'll definitely pass on your feedback to the development team as well, as we've seen a few users experiencing similar issues. They are always working on making the platform more stable, especially for crucial moments like client meetings.