Answered

Migrate from free to plan

• 1 June 2021
  • 6 replies

I began my MIRO journey with a free plan, and have created two free plan teams. Now I have upgraded to a Business Plan, but as a new Team. So how do I migrate my boards from the two free plan teams to my new Business Plan Team?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 1 June 2021, 16:02

View original

6 replies

@Robert Johnson Yes! Thank you for that confirmation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Andrea N Rodriguez - Because boards are attached to/reside in a team, when the team is upgraded, the boards remain with the team and will therefore inherit any new functionality associated with the new team/plan type/subscription.

In short: Yes :)

What if you are on a free or team plan and both those teams upgrade to the Business Plans, will the original boards automatically transfer/upgrade or do we also need to duplicate them?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Øystein Leonardsen - I just tested this method myself and it should work.

1. Open the Free Plan team board’s Share settings and set to Anyone with the link → Can view and copy the board link to your clipboard:
  2. Then open the board from your Business Plan Miro account profile, click on the board name, and then the Duplicate button:

If your Miro account profile (email address) is a member of more than one team, you should be prompted to select which team/space you want to save the board to.

I will also note that if your Business Plan account profile is a member of more than one team, you can move any boards that you own to any other teams that your profile is a member of.

Example: I am a member of ten teams:

I select one to switch to that team’s dashboard and then use the ellipsis menu for a board that I own and select Move to account - if you are set up like this currently, you could move the boards from your Free Plan team to the Business Plan team:

And if it is a Free Plan team and you are NOT the board owner, you could duplicate the board and then move it:

Thank you @Kiron Bondale. Looks a little complicated, but we will try it out. Would be great if it was part of a paid plan. Probably a lot of people begin with a free version

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Øystein Leonardsen -

As the free plans don’t support making backups of boards, one method would be to share the boards with a user from the Business plan, then open the boards as that user and copy all the content from the original boards to new boards in the Business plan.

Kiron