Skip to main content

lost my board

• 17 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello!

My MIRO platform deleted my work and I tried everything to recover it. This morning, when I entered the program, MIRO asked me to create a Team, so I did; But, after of this, my work disappeared and I can't recover it.
Please help me. I think MIRO is a powerful tool and I can't believe that the work, even in a free version, can disappear in this way. I am sure there must be a way to recover it.

Thank you very much!

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

HI @Isidoro Rod_GarĀ 

That doesnā€™t sound good!

Not sure if I can help you, but did you try clicking on ā€œRecent boardsā€?

When I am using my private free account, when I click on ā€œRecent boardsā€ I see all the boards, no matter what team they are in.

Good luck!Ā  Ken

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Isidoro Rod_GarĀ - What you are describing is classic example of a common occurrence:

1. Someone creates a Miro account and a Free Plan team in the process.
  2. They invite someone else (e.g., you)Ā to try Miro by collaborating on one of their boards, which makes that person a full member of their Miro Free Plan team.
  3. Now that this new team member has a Miro account and is a part of a team, they create one or more boards, which results in the team being over the 3-editable boards limit, causing everyone elseā€™s boards to become VIEW-ONLY.
  4. So, a Team Admin starts deleting people from the team. When they do this, several things happen:
    1. The previous board owner loses access to the board as boards are linked to the team in which they were created (unless, of course, the board owner was a member of another team and first moved the boards to the over team - and action that only board owners can do).
    2. And, when a user is removed to the only team space they were a member of, Miro detects that the user is no longer a member of any team and prompts them to create a new team.

All of that said, you have, unfortunately, lost your board(s) and to regain any sort of accessĀ to them at all, will require someone still on that team to take action.

Here is a post where I go into even more detail from what I have mentioned above, as well as a few strategies for figuring out how to get access again.

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/article-how-to-find-and-hopefully-recover-a-lost-or-missing-board-13123