Skip to main content

When attempting to copy paste into hyperlink and or object to link, copy paste doesn’t seem to work. 

Copy paste works normally for a text box, but on weird occasions it would not copy paste into hyperlink and/or link to object url. It’s odd because copy paste works for text, but sometimes it works for hyperlinking.

I think the bug gets triggered when i’m trying to link to a block within the beta feature text document, but not entirely sure. Sometimes it goes away too but not sure what causes it.

Hi @Majestic Glue 

Thanks for flagging this issue. I was not able to replicate this. 

If it happens again, please let us know with more details, such as screenshots and screen recordings, about how the issue occurs so that we can try to find out what is happening. Also advise us what kind of browser and OS you are using when the issue occurs.

Cheers.

Here is a more precise cause of the bug as I tried it again on a new board.

Take a look at this video (will expire in 2 days): https://streamable.com/z3rj9o 

It has to do with specifically the “Doc” that is in Beta. When I copy doc object and paste, it works fine as shown in the first half of the video. But in the second half when i select a specific element inside the doc, it tends to not paste into “link to” or “hyperlinks”, albeit that block was copied properly as shown at the end.

Btw i’m using Chrome Browser on MacOS Ventura

@Majestic Glue - Thanks for sharing the video/additional context. I have found that, as soon as I do as Copy link to block action from a Doc, I cannot paste anything into the Link to object dialogue/modal. This is a bug. I will report it to the support team and update this post as I head back.

Support team

To replicate:

1. Select a line in a Doc and Copy link to block:
  2. As soon as this action has been taken, you can no longer paste anything in to the Link to object modal.

I believe it also happens when pasting into Hyperlink modal as well. It works fine copy pasting everywhere else.. I think.

@Majestic Glue - So, copying a Doc text and pasting into Link to object modal is working for me now, i.e., about an hour later.

How about for you?

Tried just now, I still get the same issue. I tried on a new browser (brave) as well, but I followed the same steps as I did in the video and still getting the same issue

Tried just now, I still get the same issue. I tried on a new browser (brave) as well, but I followed the same steps as I did in the video and still getting the same issue

Yep. Not working for me again. We’ll need to wait for the support team to respond.

Update #1 from Miro Support:

Thank you for flagging the behavior with Copy link to block. I was able to replicate the same behavior on my end.

I have reached out to our internal teams to report the issue. I will update as soon as I have more information.

Update from the support team:

Thank you for flagging the behavior with Copy link to block. I was able to replicate the same behavior on my end.

I have reached out to our internal teams to report the issue. I will update as soon as I have more information.

And then a short while later...

Our team is investigating the reason the Copy link to block does not paste when linking to object.