[INVESTIGATING] How to insert an image on iPad by pasting from clipboard

• 14 April 2024
  • 2 replies

On the computer, I can right-click and then paste the copied image. What's the best way to do the same on an iPad? I copy the picture, but I can’t quickly paste it. The only way is saving the picture to the gallery and then inserting it, but this is very long time. How quickly can i paste a copied picture onto the board?

Robert Johnson 15 days ago

@Semen Erokhin - While I don’t have an iPad, I have found the same appears to be true from my Galaxy Tab S9 (Android) tablet – the paste action (initiated from a double-tap of the Miro board canvas) appears to be limited to within the tablet app’s internal clipboard.

I looked through Miro’s help center Tablet app article and cannot find any mention of this limitation, so I opened a support ticket and will update this post with what they tell me.

For now, the only solution appears to be – what you noted and the Tablet app help center article confirms – which is to first save the image to your tablet and then upload it:

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Semen Erokhin - While I don’t have an iPad, I have found the same appears to be true from my Galaxy Tab S9 (Android) tablet – the paste action (initiated from a double-tap of the Miro board canvas) appears to be limited to within the tablet app’s internal clipboard.

I looked through Miro’s help center Tablet app article and cannot find any mention of this limitation, so I opened a support ticket and will update this post with what they tell me.

For now, the only solution appears to be – what you noted and the Tablet app help center article confirms – which is to first save the image to your tablet and then upload it:

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Semen Erokhin 

Thanks for taking to share your feedback. Here’s some additional suggestions that I hope might help you. 

• For graphics like photos -> use the upload feature
  • For text -> iOS/Android copy&paste functionality, the text needs to be copied to a sticky or text widget

Hope this works out for you!