Question

"Incorrect email format" login via android

• 19 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi there - apologies if not right place to post. I can’t seem to login to my account via the android app. I just receive a pop up saying “incorrect email format”.

Needless to say, I double x quadruple checked the email - and it is exactly the same as the email I use login to the website and this community forum as well.

I have tried clearing the cache on the android app and deleting in re-installing the app as well. Any help or tips appreciated!

6 replies

I have the same problem. No solution yet :(

I have the problem as well, my email address has this format: my.name@xxx.xxx.com

I think there might be an issue with an extra dot behind the @

I have the problem as well, my email address has this format: my.name@xxx.xxx.com

I think there might be an issue with an extra dot behind the @

I don’t have a dot behind the @. But I have an “-” behind the @. Perhaps that’s the problem.

It’s the length. If your mail is greater then 34 character, it won’t work… you can change your mail to a shorter one, unless this is fixed!? It’s really annoying, please fix it MIRO!

Edit: Just tried it… NOPE it’s not the length of the mail, it’s the length of the domain! We’ve got 21 chars and I think, this is to much and results in an “incorrect email”

Edit: Just tried it… NOPE it’s not the length of the mail, it’s the length of the domain! We’ve got 21 chars and I think, this is to much and results in an “incorrect email”

… I don’t think that’s it either (my domain is only 11 chars).

I had the same problem. You can update Miro now in the play store. Then it works :) 

The "Incorrect email format" error message typically appears when an email address is entered in an incorrect format. To resolve the issue, check the following:

1. Email address format: Make sure the email address is entered in the correct format, e.g. example@domain.com.

2. Typos: Check for typos in the email address, such as incorrect spellings or extra spaces.

3. Accepted characters: Make sure the email address only contains alphanumeric characters, hyphens, underscores, and periods.

4. Email domain: Check if the email domain is valid and exists.

5. Email account existence: Make sure the email account you are trying to use is an existing and valid email account.

If the issue persists, try resetting your password or contacting the support team of the app or website you are trying to log into.