Importing Excel

• 25 February 2021
  • 4 replies

When I import an Excel file, extra empty space is included to the right and bottom. I checked the Excel file and ensured the last active cell is correct.  How do avoid this extra white space or is there a way to crop the image once imported?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tim Madel - What “extra space” are you referring to? A screenshot would help.

When I import an Excel file with this:

I get this in the Miro board:

Only embedded image files can be cropped.

Here’s a screenshot - I had to block out the actual data.  But the red block are the Excel cells that contain data.  You can see there is extra space to the right (and a little at top and bottom though I am not worried about that).  If I resize along the right edge the space stays there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tim Madel - Sadly, that’s as good as you’re gonna get at this point. It looks like Miro simply reads the uploaded file and displays it either landscape or portrait mode and creates as basic thumbnail view of its contents. This is just “something” to help visually represent the file’s contents, rather than just show an Excel icon.

If you want to see more control over uploaded files, you can add an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Lastly, don't forget to vote for your own Idea!

Make the font bigger in your Excel sheet so that it takes up a whole page. Then scale the result down to the size you want in Miro.