Skip to main content

How to find all boards without connected project?

• 22 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

Is there any way to locate all boards that are not connected to a location/project - (orphans). We have so many boards scattered without a project and I want all of them put in a “Unmanged” project.

We have the consultant plan (soon to be business plan).

Thanks for your help

/Martin

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@MartinWestberg - I can see how finding boards that are not in a Project is challenging. If only the dashboard’s search function had a “No project” option in the “Location” folder, if you could sort by Project – sadly, neither of these options exist.

Short of visually skimming each team’s dashboard to look for a blank entry in the Project column (something I did myself just yesterday!) someone with some development experience could use Miro’s developer platform’s REST API boards endpoint to get a list of all boards for a team, which returns a project Id, and if the board is not in a project, then no Id is present. I just tested this and it works. Here is the documentation that a developer could use to do this: https://developers.miro.com/reference/get-boards

They would also first get a list of all team, and then cycle through the team to get the list of boards.