Question

How to adjust the displayed area in the navigation toolbar

• 3 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Dear all,

I am using a board with one table in it that is relatively small. The navigation toolbar shows a very large area and it is hard to navigate in it to the right spot in my small table. When I started the board, the area displayed in the toolbar was more or less the size of the table but now its a large area with the very small table in it. How can I change back to the navigation toolbar displaying only the table?

Thanks for your help!

Niki

4 replies

Dear Robert, Dear Kiron,

thanks for your fixes.

There must have been some small objects far aways from the main table. Selecting a large area outside the table and deleting everything in there (although nothing was visible in the navigation tool) was successful. Now, only my table is displayed.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Good call, @Kiron Bondale! So, there was one object way off on its own in my test board, and on that one board, when I deleted that object and closed and opened the board again, all objects appeared larger in my mini map. But then on a few other boards where all objects are fairly close together, they are still very small in the mini map - the behaviour is inconsistent.

On a related note, if there is a way-off object that is locked, it won’t be included with a Select all/Ctrl/Cmd+A. Instead, using “Show all” with Ctrl/Cmd+1 (or right-click → Show all) will display the board will all objects in view.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@NikiNiki -

Usually when I’ve seen this happen it means there is a single tiny object somewhere way off to the bottom or right of the table and that’s why the map is showing the way it does. You can try doing a select all to see if you can locate that object…

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@NikiNiki - I don’t use the mini map very often, but something does seem to have changed as I have to make object very large/zoom in quite far in order to make the object larger in the mini map - while that sounds obvious, I don’t recall needing to make my objects this large in the past as I usually create my boards while at 100% zoom.

I will open a Miro support ticket and report back here with what they tell me :slight_smile: