Answered

How to access Miro boards offline in Airplane Mode?

Userlevel 4

Hi!  I go off the grid every Monday and yesterday was my first day to evaluate which apps depend on the cloud.  Unfortunately, Miro doesn’t seem to deal with this scenario very gracefully:

How does Miro support offline use?   I’d like at the very least, be able to view my boards read-only and it would be a bonus to create new boards offline to be uploaded and seen by my team later.

icon

Best answer by mlanders 31 May 2020, 07:30

View original

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jens Hein 

what is the point of the desktop app without this at all?

A few reasons:

• Miro will not be impacted by any installed browser extensions.
  • you can do all of your web browsing in the browser without impacting your Miro experience, e.g., many of us have multiple browser tabs/site open which eventually leads to everything slowing down.
  • There can be more Miro screen real estate - I always have my bookmarks bar exposed in Chrome, which isn’t present in the Miro desktop app.

Preparing for my first 11 hour flight since I adopted Miro for both, group collaboration and personal scrap booking. The lack of an offline mode really sucks. Already upvoted the wishlist item, and I hope it can get done soon.

This is a must-have. Please help to implement this.

Uhhhh why isn’t use even in read-only mode not part of core functionality? If I prepare a great presentation and then want to show it at a client site in a basement without wifi, they shouldn’t have to see “Reconnecting in 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds” constantly. Not everyone requires updates & collaboration 100% of the time they’re using the app.

Miro still doesn’t work offline.

Miro has some more issues. There is no easy way to inspect colors, padding, and spacing, and we can’t even use our browser’s developer tool instead, as Miro uses the canvas technology. And then there is no offline functionality for no reason! I used to have the board before my eyes five minutes ago, but when I switch back to the tab in offline mode or low connectivity (not uncommon in Germany) suddenly everything’s gone. Why? As if there were no service workers, local storage, cache manifest etc.

Let me be honest: currently, I only use Miro when existing work or prior choices made by other people force me to. A working offline mode, built-in or as an optional browser plugin, would be a great step forward to changing my mind. Currently, I wouldn’t recommend Miro to anybody.