How do we know Miro is not Steal our idea from our Board..?

• 27 June 2022
  • 1 reply

I love Miro. It is the most amazing website I have ever seen for brainstorming ideas, but I have one question. Does Miro see our idea on our board? May be Miro see Our idea and Steal new idea from our Board , if we use Miro for  Brainstorm new idea how we Believe Miro It self. Since we are a huge company, we have a million dollar project idea to work with Miro , so how do we believe Miro? Please Some one answer this Thanks in advance

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jhon -

As per the Security FAQ: “Can anyone at Miro access my boards?
- No, without your request and permission no one can view your board content. Miro restricts access to the production environment to a limited number of IP addresses and employees.”

So if a Miro employee was to view your boards without your permission that would be against this stipulation.

This is, of course, a risk with ANY hosted platform so if your company is that concerned about the confidentiality of a particular scenario, you could look at encrypting text content in the board and collaborators would need to use a third-party encrypt/decrypt solution to copy & paste content back and forth. This wouldn’t work for shapes and images, so you might need to keep those outside of Miro.

Kiron