Skip to main content
Question

Help with formatting for a school project.

• 29 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello all! 

I am attempting to make two dichotomous keys for different classes this summer and I am having trouble figuring out the best way to format them in order to export to pdf to be able to submit them for viewing. Any advice would be helpful as I am not using this a collaboration with a team. It’s simply the easiest way to make a dichotomous key for the amount of information I have to use. 

Thank you in advance

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jenni Crites - Welcome to the Community!

In order to export your work to PDF, it must first be in a Frame.

Once in a Frame you have the option of exporting to either PDF or image. With both options, there is varying quality – more on both options can be found in the How to export your board help center article.

However, the Free Plan team boards are limited to the lower quality.

Options for exporting at a higher quality

While you could pay $10 for one month for a Starter Plan account in order to export the higher quality, since you mentioned “classes”, if you are a student of a qualifying educational institution, you may want to apply for a free Miro Education Plan team.

Miro's Education Plan has two options:

• Student – Work on assignments and group projects.
    • 10 team members
    • Free for 2 years, the it goes back to a Free Plan team (reapply later if still a student)
  • Educator – Set up your online classroom
    • 100 team members
    • Free forever!

More information can be found in the Education Plan help center article, along  with the application form link (search the page for "application form"):

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730473-Education-Plan

Note: If you are unable to complete the application form due to your educational institution not providing you with an email address, please leave a reply in this post:

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/here-s-what-to-do-if-you-can-t-apply-for-education-plan-cause-your-email-isn-t-accepted-9597