Skip to main content

When exporting a frame as an image I will get a 2 pixel white line on a random edge of every image. It does not matter what size the frame is and what quality it is exported as (it’s even present as a vector). 

The only work around is to match the board background color to the frame color, which is not intuitive. Anyone have a solution to this?

The image below showcases the issue on the exported jpg.

@Mike Snight - Can you share a screenshot of the entire frame that you are saving as an image?

There may be a reason for this line being present, but I'm unable to visualize the setup/conditions before your image export, e.g., was the a shape object inside of your frame with a border or maybe an overlapping frame (or some other object)?

@Robert Johnson Thanks for your response! Screenshot attached of the entire frame. The issue persists even on a new blank frame with no elements added. I recorded a video showing the process if that helps showcase the issue further - Video Showcasing Issue

Hi @Mike Snight 

I was able to reproduce this on my end as well. Even when opening the exported image in my desktop’s Photos app, I noticed a similar issue. I can see in your video that the line appears in white on the right side and bottom area when you open the image in Adobe Photoshop.

On my board, the background was pink, and the frame was black. After exporting, the line appeared at the bottom of the image in pink.

It seems the issue might be tied to the board's background color in relation to the frame's export. I'll raise this with the team to investigate further. I will update the thread once I receive a response from them.

For your specific concern, I converted your post to a ticket so support team will be informed of this as well in the queue. Please wait for their response in your email.

Also, If you’re interested in learning more about some of Miro’s biggest product updates that may be relevant to your use case, save your spot here at our Canvas ‘24 event happening October 8th. Please let me know if you have any additional questions – happy to help!

hi @Eca - thanks for communicating this to the team, much appreciated.

@Mike Snight - Thanks for your screenshot and video, as that made all the difference when trying to reproducing the issue. It is worth replying to the support ticket to note that the behaviour could likely be related to the board background colour at the time because, if I make the board bg colour = black, and make a frame color back, the issue does not occur, which leads me to be believe that the frame is inheriting a portion of the board background colour(?).

However, after more testing with different colour frames on different board background colours, the results appear to be random where different sides of the exported JPG/frame have a border. This “could” be intentional where Miro is applying random shadowing, which is what they do with sticky notes (to give a more “natural” look and feel to them).

I’m interested to learn what the support team tells you!